This year I was asked to participate in what I hope is a tradition for many years to come (or until I have no more space to put crafts).
A group of us Pinterest lovers have decided to take one day a week during the month of December to blog about a different Christmas craft we’ve created for the holiday season. Hopefully this will assist (or deter) someone in their crafting future…. or maybe you will just enjoy seeing our different styles/techniques/crafting craziness.
My posting day is Thursday (hence why I am posting today) and for the first week I chose to make a wreath for the holiday season.
You might ask yourself, why would Maggi choose a letter wreath when she lives with her boyfriend (yes, we aren’t married)? Well conveniently our last names start with the same letter so it allows me to do these things.
First things first… I had to track down the letter. I found the one I liked best @ Hobby Lobby ($12.99 but had a 40% off coupon… score!).
Took some of Greg’s black spray paint from the garage and did one coat on the front.
Bought cranberry branches? from Michael’s ($2.49 each + 60% off; I used around 6)
Thankfully each little bunch pulled off the branch quite easily but this did get quite messy (definitely recommend a towel/blanket to be involved).
After plucking the cranberry bunches off it was time to get the hot glue gun and get started. This was honestly VERY simple but a little time consuming (mainly because I was extremely anal about leaving no spaces). I hot glued each bunch on like it was a puzzle until the front of the letter was completely filled.
Last thing to do was tie a bow to hang the bad boy. I bought burlap garland from Joann Fabrics ($8.99 + 50% off coupon) that you will also see me utilize in a future project.
I am not the best bow tie -er in town but somehow it turned out OK.
Up on the wreath hook it went and ta-da (almost)!
Ran into a slight problem with keeping it straight so my handy man attached some velcrow to the back and we were all set (ignore my reflection).
Overall I think this was a successful project (not everything from Pinterest turns out this way). I’d say I spent a total of $18 (but I do have supplies leftover to use on future projects).
Be sure to check out the other ladies’ projects this week & tune in next Thursday for my next project: